Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Travelin' Table Cover

 
Here is an project that might interest you other RVers, and it could also work for anyone with a yen to see the world! Early on in our travels, actually when we had just moved into our 5th wheel, I had an idea to cover a U.S. map with contact paper, put it on the table for a table cover, and thus plot our travels and our dreams while we ate or did whatever at the table. Over the course of 5 years the edges got raggedy and more raggedy and I kept cutting them off till I was about to cut off Washington. Since that's our home state I didn't care to see it succumb to the scissors.


My husband recently began working at an art center. We had another map, which I was about to cover with more contact paper, till we thought about the possibility of having it laminated at the art store. Voila! Here it is! It's stiff and shiny and seems sturdy, and the cost was minimal. I don't anticipate having to cut the corners off this map, so Washington will be saved for a good long time, I hope.

 
Here is our kitty Montana, maybe plotting his own route to travel! This project could be applied to any map. I plan to do one of Montana, since we'll be working there this summer again, or I may do one with just the western states. Or maybe the eastern states, or the south....or...or... 
The World!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just hung a map on our den wall with all our travels pinned into it! I posted a photo of it on my blog. We love maps and now after pinning, realize we still have many places to discover!!!

Ann said...

Thanks! I did look at the photo of your map on your blog. Aren't maps fun? The dreaming we can do!