Friday, August 15, 2008

No Worries!

See that grizzly? Now, that's how I'd like to be, completely at rest no matter where I am or who's looking at me! I read a Bible verse this morning that struck me anew. "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid." (Matthew 14:27) That cheer and lack of fear are deep in my heart because I know who takes care of me. That grizzly, Cherokee, is at peace and relaxed because she knows where her next meal is coming from and she knows nothing is encroaching into her space to disturb her and her mate, Tank. All she has to do is eat, sleep, swim in her pool, climb on the logs, and watch tourists all day! Behind the scenes, the owners of Bear Country USA have gone to great lengths to provide her habitat, her food, and all that she needs. I know that my Creator has done the same for me—taken care of all my needs. These truths are especially comforting to me as I look for our fall and winter workamper job. I don't know where we're going or what we'll be doing in a month's time, but He does! He has it mapped out. All I have to do is knock on doors to see which one will open, and trust Him. It makes life exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann,
I like to check in on your blog now & then. Your pictures are priceless. It was fun to re-connect through Melonie and hear about your adventures !
Wyatt and I are plugging away...not much exciting going on around here.
I'm glad she gave us your blog site address!! Kathi Scheibner

Ann said...

Hi Kathi,
Thanks for reading my blog. It's been fun to put it together. Melonie gave me the idea! I have so enjoyed learning about your grandsons and all their activities. What a blessing they must be to you!
Ann