Friday, March 27, 2020

Greenough Park


 There is a short one mile walk not too far from the downtown Missoula that we love to take. It runs around Rattlesnake Creek and is heavily wooded with ponderosas, cottonwoods and other kinds of trees, some very big ones. This was my choice when our Respite Volunteer came to sit with Mr. Keith for a couple of hours so that I could get out.


 

Are those scratches from a bear? There were several marks, some higher up, the size of a large human hand. This a huge ponderosa that leans over to the side for a long way until it straightens up near the top. We always stop here to take pictures. I'd never noticed the scratches before, unless they are new. The park is in a populated neighborhood which makes one wonder about bears being there, too!






 Here I am by the same ponderosa. Not one for taking selfies, I'm experimenting here.



 I have a friend who is always finding hearts in nature. This is for her!



The hills around Missoula are beautiful any time of year. We had a snowfall yesterday and here are the leftovers. There is a big "L" up there and also a hiking trail leading to it. It's not quite as well used as the trail to the "M" above the University. I haven't taken the "L" trail because it looks too steep. I'll leave that to the youngsters!




No comments: